Friday 22 February 2013


Kartik Nijhawan - Neha Thakur, 

Before we start I would like to tell our readers that today we are going to interview our guest and winner of the ‘World in my Lens’ photography competition...Shagundeep Singh. 

Interviewer- Shagun you are welcome here in News-o-holic and congratulations....!!

Interviewee- Thank you so much! 

- Shagun since you’re featuring in the very first interview with us. May be most of our readers are not familiar with your name and your photography. I guess a small intro would be better!

Answer:  I'm Pursuing BBA Ist year in Jalandhar. And apart from that I'm a Punjabi Rapper, and an International Bhangra artist. I don’t call my-self a photographer; I like to name myself a Nature-Clicker. 

- Well, It was a short and smart introduction, Shagun why don’t you tell us about your beginnings as a photographer as you’re a winner of ‘World in My Lens’ photography competition organized by News-o-holic?? 

Answer: I’ve always had a craze about photography. So, I used to keep clicking random photographs. And this year I got a DSLR so I started it officially by making a page and I named it ‘Still Life’. Still Life is a platform for me to show my work to my fans and I expect good response for my work and I fortunately get it always. My friends on facebook and twitter show love that I never expected. 

- As we know you must be happy after knowing that you’re the winner of ‘World in my lens’ photography competition, what was your first reaction?? 

Answer: Yes, happiness is the first award we often get after winning a competition. As it was the first competition I took part in, and the news of winning amazed me. It’s true that my friends give me a positive response whenever I upload my work, and this time their love and response was likewise. I'm glad that I'm the winner and people liked my work! A special thanks to my friends. 

- How did you find this platform and what are your views about our blog News-o-holic? 

Answer: This is really a good platform for me and for other new talents working in the same field. The magic of appreciation can be seen in our work. This is a big appreciation for me. And Newsoholic, is a blog which really navigates us to awareness. I’m a daily reader of Newsoholic. I love the way your journalists come out with special issues and the points they deliver to us. It is very knowledgeable. I personally suggest my friends and fans to read this blog daily.

- Well it was your personal view, we are really glad that we navigate you to awareness. I know our readers must be waiting to know your excellence in other fields you adopted such as Bhangra and Rap?

Answer: When I handle camera only one thing comes to my mind, ‘To click it in such a way that I can bring its beauty out!’  When it comes about Bhnagra and Rap, I enjoy whatever I do!

- Tell us about your experiences with Bhangra training, I hear that your father is an international Bhangra artist?
Answer: I'm doing Bhangra since I was in 3rd standard. And I went at international level when I was in 9th. Yes my Dad is a choreographer and drama artist at Jalandhar Doordarshan.  

- We can say you got Bhangra in Patrimony?

Answer: Yes, it’s been really great to learn from my father. He is a great artist. I love when he shares his stage with me. I love to perform with my Dad’s Bhangra Group.

- Shagun how do you cope with all three at the same time along with studies ? Don't you find it a little hectic..?
 
Answer: No, No, It keeps me busy all the time and I love it.

- Shagun that’s good you are trying your hand at everything.... do you think society becomes a hindrance for an individual in choosing one’s career..?
 
Answer:  Yes. They poke their noses in your matters. But you shouldn't care about them. It’s in a human nature to interfere with others.

- Are you planning to build your career in the field of photography?

Answer: I am not very sure about photography but, I want to make my career in singing.

- What are your future plans??

Answer: I want to complete my studies first and to achieve fame in singing.

- Your message to the victims whose careers are being decided by society?

Answer: They should do what their heart says, not what society says, choose the field of your interest.

- Thank you very much shagun for joining us here on News-o-holic….Good luck for your Future and Kudos again!

Answer: You're welcome. Thanks a lot. 





This Photograph was uploaded by Shagundeep Singh in Competition.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CITIZEN JOURNALIST

CITIZEN JOURNALIST
Report Fearlessly!

Popular Posts

Press Note

Dear Readers,

This is to inform you that due to some technical fault, The Columnist news blogazine has been shut down and all the staff working with them have been shifted to The News-o-Holic.

Kartik Nijhawan continues to remain the Editor-in-Chief. Suyash Karangutkar has taken charge as the Managing Editor, Prince Vij as Bollywood Head, Yash Khatri as Tech Head, Jay Shah as National Affairs Editor, Aryan Sain as a Correspondent and Mihir Sanghvi as Mumbai Bureau Chief.

Mohit Chhangani has stepped in as Photo Editor while Ashutosh Banerjee continues to be a freelance photojournalist.
Do support the team!

Thank You!
Team News-O-Holic.

The News-O-Holic

News-o-Holic - Your Awareness Navigator! is a News Blog Conceptualized by Kartik Nijhawan, to provide Daily News Update and best informative stuff to all Netizens. News-o-Holic also gives chance to emerging writers to show their credibility, to show their writing skills and capability and to prove their existence on this planet. Raise your voice through your writings!